Update on United Bank Operations and Services in Response to COVID-19
At United Bank, we place the utmost value on the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities. As we continue to monitor the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share with you some of the steps we are taking to continue operating safely and effectively while helping those adversely impacted during this difficult time.
Throughout our 181-year history, United has faced and survived many periods of uncertainty through safe, sound and secure banking practices. During these times, we remain committed to serving our customers and truly value your relationship.
We understand the financial well-being of our customers can be adversely affected during this time and will work as your partner to provide solutions. Please call your local branch or relationship manager to discuss your specific needs.
Small Business Paycheck Protection Program
The Paycheck Protection Program was recently passed as part of the CARES Act in an effort to aid small businesses adversely impacted by the recent events related to COVID-19. The program allows banks to provide federally-backed, forgivable loans to eligible businesses as an extension of the Small Business Administration (SBA) 7(a) loan program.
United Bank is currently offering this program to small businesses in the communities we serve. Small Businesses may apply by contacting their local United Bank branch.
If you would like additional information and to access the application, please visit the Treasury Department’s website at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/top-priorities/cares-act/assistance-for-small-businesses.
At United Bank, we place the utmost value on the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities. As such, we will be increasing safety precautions across our branch network.
- We are serving customers at our drive-up and walk-up windows, and customers may request a branch appointment for additional services, as needed. Please call your local office and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
- Monday – Friday Branch Service Hours: We are temporarily updating our branch hours of operation effective, Monday, March 30, 2020. Branches with drive-up or walk-up hours earlier than 9 a.m. or later than 5 p.m. are now going to be reduced to serving customers within this daily timeframe. All other branch hours will remain the same.
- Saturday Branch Service Hours: Branches with drive-up hours will be open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Closed Locations: Our locations at the Charleston Town Center in Charleston, WV; Wal-Mart in Clarksburg, WV, are currently closed.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures have been put in place to increase the frequency in which we sanitize and disinfect our ATMs and drive-up equipment, as well as our employees’ work areas and facilities.
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of our conveniently located ATMs to check balances and get cash, and at many ATMs offer advanced services like cardless cash, deposit taking and mini-statements.
- We have increased our servicing of these machines to do our best to ensure availability 24/7.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures have been put in place to increase the frequency in which we sanitize and disinfect our ATMs.
- We have proactively raised our standard ATM daily withdrawal limit to $1,000 for United Bank customers only.
Online & Mobile Banking:
We encourage you to take advantage of our self-service, digital offerings including online and mobile banking.
- Check Balances & Transfer Funds: Log in to Online or Mobile Banking to get quick access to your current account balances and transfer funds between accounts.
- Pay Bills: Quickly pay bills through Online and Mobile Banking. Payees can be added in Online Banking.
- Mobile Deposits: Deposit checks right from your phone. Beginning April 1, 2020, personal mobile deposit limits will be increased to daily limit of $5,000 per single deposit ($5,000 total per day) with a maximum of 8 transactions per day and multi-day limit of $10,000 in 10 business (14 calendar) days with a maximum of 10 transactions.
- Zelle®: With the same security you expect from United Bank, send money to friends, family and others you know and trust. Enroll through the Bank With United app.
- Open an Account Online: We offer several options for personal checking and savings accounts that can be opened online.
- Telebanc: Several of these same services are available to customers 24/7 by calling our Telebanc Service at 877.334.4646.
Washington D.C. Loan Deferment Program:
For United Bank Mortgage Customers located in Washington D.C. having challenges because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) can request loan deferments through the Loan Deferment application. Download the Application and once complete mail to the address on the application or email to the DCDeferralAPP@BankWithUnited.com
Customers are encouraged to stay alert and be aware of fraud attempts associated with this event. These may include suspicious emails, text messages and phone calls. Attempts to solicit personal information (i.e. account numbers, usernames, password, etc.) and/or requests to make purchases or donations should be met with suspicion. As a reminder, United Bank will never call or email requesting you for account information. If you believe you've received a fraudulent request or email, please notify us immediately.